Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Special Christmas Gift

What a delightful time I had the day after Emily and Nathan's wedding when our family exchanged our Christmas gifts. I especially loved seeing the homemade ones.

Doug and I received identical gift bags from Robert and Beth. We opened them together and found brand new scriptures--a triple combination in each. And a nice inscription inside the cover quoting 3 John 1:4 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." Then "With Love from your children, December 2008."

But whoa, there's more. Like an extra 18 pages inside that you can't even detect when you look at it! What a lump grew in my throat and tears in my eyes when I realized that I had in my hands the testimonies of all of our wonderful children, their spouses, and even our grandchildren on down to the tiniest one. Never got a two-Kleenex gift before!

I hugged it close and later on it dawned on me that I hadn't even let anyone else look at it. So here is a photo of one of the pages so you can see how the pages were inserted and the corresponding scripture was by it and carefully marked. Audrey said they worked on this during family night with their dear children a few weeks before . Here is another testimony I would like to share, by our little 10-month-old granddaughter with special thanks to Bree: "Priya would like to share her testimony that miracles happen, because she is one. She believes angels exist because she sees them. And she knows God is real because she remembers Him." Scripture reference? 3 Nephi 17:20-25.

One of those gifts that just keeps on giving. Thanks again to all of our wonderful family. You're the best!!! I'm so proud of you for living the gospel in your homes! MOM/Susan

1 comment:

"The Landlord" said...

I'm just so grateful Beth and Robert decided to put this together - It was a wonderful oportunity for us to write our testimonies and share them with the people we love. Thank you Beth!
We Love You, Mom & Dad!