Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bree's Cocoa is Da Bomb


Here we were at the Seattle airport hoping our flight home would be on time. We packed a rather heavy carry on with books and gifts. I was the mule for that piece of luggage.


So it goes on the belt and I get pulled to the side by the TSA guy in the new blue shirt. He wants to look in my suitcase.


On to the steel table while we rummage through the bag. He pulls out Bree's hot cocoa mix in the cute penguin bags and Diane's wassail mix in the plastic tub.


"What's this?" he says. "Hot chocolate mix and orange drink," and off he goes to test the powder.


He came back in a couple of minutes and explains that these items look just like "carbon-based compounds" on the x-ray so they had to test them. He further told me that if I had taken them out of the carry-on and placed them in a separate tub for screening I probably wouldn't have been stopped.


So, to Diane and Bree...your goodies are Da Bomb.

~Dad H
(Go ahead, Audrey. "My weird Dad takes pictures of soap and Tupperware.")

3 comments:

Aud Pod said...

Awesome! That's just about as good as Reid' Kool-Aid story.

"The Landlord" said...

Audrey! Do tell!
To be fair, I must admit that while the CoCo was my idea, it was actually Joe who got all the ingredients and put it all together! So props to joey!

"The Landlord" said...

go coco!