Tuesday, December 16, 2008

We're Chilly, Willy


Last night for family night we decided to go ahead and go Christmas caroling around the block in spite of it being only +5 degrees. We put together a few plates of goodies and selected just a handful of lucky people and piled into the car because it was too cold to walk to the next block! I think I could get into the drive-up-to-the-door kind of caroling, yessirree. We sang four carols really fast to people with their doors open an inch, handed them four plates of treats and high-tailed it home for the hot chocolate. But it was fun! (I'm pretty sure we looked just like this photo...)
Today it began to snow and snow. I brushed a few inches of fluffy powder off of the car after work and sped away. Oops, what I thought that was the parking lot exit was apparently the curb covered with snow but the car just kept moving so I was glad for that. On the radio they said that people going from downtown Chicago to O'Hare Airport would be crawling along for 4 1/2 hours to get there, usually a trip of maybe 30-40 minutes. Makes me so grateful we settled in the Midwest! SH

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha- awesome pic!!