Saturday, August 14, 2010

No more Net10

Well, you won, Net10. After three hours on the phone with you over three days I was never able to receive a call on my brand new Net10 phone. I could make calls, but not receive them.

ELEVEN TIMES I explained my plight, each time repeating the same info over again. I punched in numbers and read back codes to them. I turned it off. I turned it on. I took out the battery.

On at least four occasions they assured me that the problem had been fixed if I would just wait an hour (or 24 hours) while they corrected it. I wasn't even picky about the number they gave me, as long as it was in the 847 or 224 area code.

But that was too much for them.

I was worried that Walmart would hassle me about the return because the phone had been "activated" but they didn't.

I got a full refund. No problem.

In hindsight I should have taken it back the moment the Net1o agent chastised me for raising my voice and warned me that she would hang up if I didn't behave myself.

Is there another pre-paid phone company out there that isn't Tracfone or Net10? I'm ready to try again, but not with that company.

2 comments:

Aud Pod said...

That's so crazy! Hope you find something that will work for you :)

"The Landlord" said...

That's very brave of you to be willing to try again - sheer madness!