Saturday, November 7, 2009

The steamroller's gone!

They finished pouring the asphalt on Summit Street today and will presumably add a few stripes on Monday that will be that. Yesterday I had to drive through the grass and out of the neighbor's driveway in back to get to work since there so much tar and ruckus going on in front.

But the steamroller did leave behind Flatman and Ribbon and Cheetah. And if you get those bad jokes, you've been in the family a little too long...

As an explanation of the Pinocchio/Gepetto photo in one of the posts below, I was asked to walk around and entertain a little during the Fall for the Arts event at Elgin Community College on October 25th. I practiced the ventriloquist thing for a few days before, but abandoned it when it was time to talk to the children. They only looked at the puppet anyway.

After about an hour my hand was pretty much cemented into a cramped position in the puppet so I carried it around in my arms for a while. One little boy asked if Pinocchio was ok. I told him he was just resting. The boy suggested I get Pinocchio something to eat! We decided that a little cotton candy might be just the thing. I also took Pinocchio through the haunted house and he screamed his head off the whole time...

MOM

1 comment:

"The Landlord" said...

LOL thats so cute - I think a little cotton candy and a trip through the haunted house would have made me feel better too :D