Friday, June 12, 2009

Read the label

So, the old Jewel had Breyers Ice Cream 2 for 1. Note that the Rocky Road is "Real Ice Cream".

I'm thinking the cherry chocolate is also real ice cream. It isn't.

It is "Cherry Frozen Dairy Dessert." What makes that different from real ice cream? I dunno.
Is it like yogurt or cheez whiz? I still dunno. So I consult the ingredients.
Not too enlightening. It must be the butter fat content. But look at the other stuff you get to make it cherry. "Black carrot concentrate." "Beet juice concentrate." Fortunately, I consumed the "Cherry Frozen Dessert with Cherry Pieces and Chocolate Flavored Chips" before I read the label.

I checked the produce section. They don't sell black carrots, at least not at retail.

1 comment:

Aud Pod said...

Love it! We are actually growing rainbow carrots - maybe we'll get a black one for you :) I hear that you have to watch candy bars too. Apparently some of them are "chocolatey treats" and not real chocolate...